Sunday, August 19, 2018

Apple Rose Roll By Barby


My apple rose roll

Click to enlarge 

I am uploading older recipes I made for my WW meals and snacks.  Here is one from months ago. It is a little tricky to make but oh so good and I had to include it here because it is food art and lovely to me!

Hello WW friends, another recipe for you!  I was playing today and made a sweet apple roses dessert. 5-6 points depending on how much butter and sugar that you use. I used one 3 point Rhodes frozen dinner roll. I raised the dough according to package directions. Pulled the dough after it had risen into a log, and rolled it out into a 2-inch wide long rectangle. I cooked the thin sliced apples in the microwave and covered them with a hooded plastic cover for 30 seconds. This makes them bendable. Then I I placed the thinly sliced apples on the dough about half way down, overlapping them, and then rolled it up like jelly roll. If the midst of creating it I took a pastry brush and brushed on butter here and there, then I pinched a cinnamon sugar mix drizzled all over it. The points depend on how much butter and sugar you use. I used about a half Tablespoon of melted butter and one teaspoon sugar mixed with a little dash of cinnamon. You could use way less and it would still be yummy. There is a link on YouTube showing how it is done. Type in the search bar Baked Apple Roses - How to make a rose shaped apple tart. The real one is supposed to use puff pastry and not the Rhodes roll. But puff pastry for one was 6 points and then add the butter and sugar points on top of that! I had to shave off some points and ohhhhh boy this rose is sooooo good!!! I ate mine and the one showing is for hubby tonight. Somehow I wonder if a burley mechanic hubby can appreciate this? I didn’t make it as Chef John did on YouTube. I baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Since it’s the first I made I watched the baking time and you should too, so it is not doughy inside. Mine was not doughy as I cooked it to a golden brown. I thought Chef John’s looked burnt so I adjusted to my liking. The thin sliced apples were cooked and yummy in soft warm luscious sweet roll. Good thing I’m making a tuna slider for dinner. Ahhhh but with a fresh baked Rhodes dinner roll that I baked, and baked in Asiago cheese strings on top. Mmmm they just came out of the oven. A mandolin would be nice to slice the apples, and I have one, but I just thinly sliced the apple rose petals myself. I think I’d love being a pastry chef! And then I come back to reality and prefer making WW recipes for you! 
Cheerio! 
👩🏻‍🍳🌷💕😊Barby 

No comments:

Post a Comment