Sunday, August 19, 2018

BBQ pulled pork with sauerkraut and cheese slider

I am uploading past recipes I made up while on WW.  Thought you may like some ideas.  :)  So sorry about the wrap around words below.  Pasting my recipe from another page does that.

Ok here we go on this BBQ pulled pork with sauerkraut and cheese slider. 

I pack up different cooked meats in 2 ounce packets to put with some recipe later. Saves time and is quick and nummy!! I thought this packet was my hamburger and sauerkraut packet, but surprise it was a pulled pork and kraut packet! Just as yummy. I also had baked a Rhodes dinner roll, froze it for later too. I used that one for this too so it was minutes and I had a piping hot delicious slider! That’s the plus of prepping and freezing things for when you need a yummy lower point meal. I added my slaw to this meal too.

I added “fairy dusted” berries as a side too. The fairy dust is a little sifted powder sugar on top of fresh berries. Or frozen berries slightly unthawed. I like eating pretty, and “fairy dust” is pretty! I love bright colors on my plate too. On the sweet slaw, if you hate veggies believe me, this is the way to love veggies. Crunchy variety of veggies in a sweet sauce. Tasty! 

For the slider just bake up a Rhodes dinner roll according to package directions.Super easy to do! 3 points 

The meat is pork tenderloin slow cooked in a crock pot on low all day with sauerkraut. A small amount of kraut as I don’t like strong kraut flavor. But you may! 

Mix 2 ounces of pork mixture with 2/3 Tablespoons sweet baby rays BBQ sauce. Pork is 1 point and the sauce is 1 point. 

Place mixture on warm slider. Add 1 Tablespoon grated cheddar cheese on top. point 

The slaw was posted earlier and it is 1 point. 

The fairy dust is 0 points. Just a wee dusting. 

What a yummy quick meal if you prep the roll and meat ahead on another day. have bags of cooked chicken, pork, hamburger with kraut and smoked London broil in my freezer. The key when reheating is to heat it up slowly. I use a microwave in 10 second increments. You don’t want to re-cook it, you want to heat it thru. 

When I started all this in January 2017 I was determined in my retirement to create yummy recipes because that was the ONLY chance I had in losing weight. It worked. Many pounds down and going for the gusto in good eating. I eat pretty food. It has to look pretty and taste fantastic. I will never suffer on this WW plan. I will never deprive myself of anything. BUT I am learning to eat things in moderation.  Anything I want in moderation. I use butter and lots of things many would not. But in small amounts. I can do this for life. The other diets I could not, I deprived myself, I was hungry. Now I am not. I’m glad I’ve had a year to learn here with all of you. Because the other essential part on this was you. Is you. We all need support. You more than gifted that to me. My recipes may seem like a small token gift in return. But I hope some may like them and feel it helped them stay on plan. I’m pulling for each and every one of you! I may not be able to post on every post I want to, but don’t think for a minute as I read your posts that my heart is not with you. It is. 

So enjoy eating and become healthy one day at a time! 

😊💕🌷👩🏻‍🍳Barby 

No comments:

Post a Comment