Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pineapple Banana Cake-lets

Click to enlarge (sorry some of the words are wrapped around below due to pasting this from my WW feed)
Shiver my timber’s folks! YES you get 2 mini loaves of my banana pineapple walnut breakfast loaves!!! Pic shows them on a large lunch plate. 2 points for BOTH!! total of 2 points for two!! I’m in shock. Thanks to @iamhopefull and her banana bread recipe, I decided to create my own recipes from her banana bread recipe adding in different ingredients and changing up the measurements as needed. I will create all kinds of breakfast breads. Or snack breads. You can make muffins too, but there’s something about slicing up two mini cakes. The one yesterday was a 3x5 mini loaf pan and I made today's out of my mini 3-3/4 by 2-1/4 inch loaf pans. It’s alarge pan with many mini loaf rectangle holes in it. I can make several in the same pan. And get TWO mini loaves for 2 points total. Sorry about the repeating that tidbit but it’s amazing to me. I love seeing volume. So 2 smaller minis worked out  great too. I’ll be posting many of the mini loaves with different ingredients all this week. Carrot cake loaf. Chocolate zucchini loaf. Peanut butter chocolate chip loaf.This is mini cake loaf week! 😁, one after the other! And I’ll keep posting them.  Wowie this was good! I ate one for breakie and will eat the other at 3pm snacktime. Oh and I lost 2 pounds overnight after eating these yesterday. Whoop whoop!

I forgot to mention to you to spray Pam, and flour the mini pans yesterday. So they don’t stick. I don’t think I mentioned that? 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In a bowl mix: 

1/2 mashed ripe banana, 1 egg,2/3 tsp brown sugar, 1/4 cup crushed pineapple drained 
a bit ( in its own juice) 1 tsp baking powder. Mix well. Add 2 Tablespoons Quaker quick oats and 2 Tablespoons buttermilk Kodiak power pancake mix, and 1/2 walnut crushed. Mix well with a spoon. 

Pour mixture into two 3-3/4 by 2-1/4 inch prepped pans. Or you can use one 3x5 loaf pan, 30-35 minutes bake time for that size pan. 
Bake the smaller loaf pans, two, for 26-27 minutes at 350 degrees. Less bake time for smaller loaf pans. Cool, dust with powdered sugar and remove from pan. Slice and say ahhhhhhhh can I really eat two loaves for 2 points?!!! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment