Sunday, August 19, 2018

Mini lemon curd danishes By Barby

I'm uploading previous recipes that helped me lose 91 pounds on WW. Once again sorry about the wrap around words below, when I paste the recipe here it does this.

Good morning my spiffy friends! I’m feelin’ super chipper today. I got up at 6am and made some mini lemon curd danishes. 2 points for ALL THREE! I also made crustless berry pies. I love creating recipes for you and post them often. I focus on real food, not diet food. I lost 91 pounds eating this way. I missed danishes, so I used the ingredient dough for the pastry and YUMMY lemon curd for the center. The problem was when I used to make these with a Rhodes dinner roll, the centers would rise and lemon curd would roll out. Soooo hubby came up with this idea.  Make tiny mini bagels and roll out a tiny piece of dough the size of a 50 cent piece and set the tiny bagel on top! Brilliant hubby! (I let him know he will receive credit for that.) πŸ˜. They came out perfect! I added the lemon curd in the center hole of hot danish that came out of the oven. Oh boy, get ready, they are a slice of heaven! Now you can have 3 mini danishes for breakfast with your 0 point eggs! A 2 point breakfast!! What????? Is this possible to eat this way on WW?? You bet it is! And this is how you stay on plan, not feeling deprived and no bland-o food fatigue. I only eat things I love. That’s how I got the 91 pounds off. If you are deprived and miss foods, that’s a sure way to fail. So I make things that replace the gooey danish and are low points. And the danishes are killer delicious. 

I made the whole 2 ingredient bagel recipe. 1 cup Greek non fat yogurt and 1 cupself rising flour. You could make tons on mini danishes but I made 7 bagels and made the three danishes from the 1/8th piece of the dough. The breakdown is below for the 3 danishes. I froze the 7 bagels for breakfasts later or a 1 point snack.Hubby and I ate the danishes. 

A pinch of cinnamon 0 points 

3/8ths teaspoon of sugar 0 points 

1/8 cup self rising flour 1 point 

1/8 cup non fat Greek yogurt 0 points 

1-1/2 teaspoons Lemon curd. 
Lemon curd is THE most delicious sweet and tangy thing on earth. You can find Dickinson’s lemon curd in the jelly isle or pie filling isle. Ask your grocer where it is. 

Directions: 

Take 1/8th recipe of the 2 ingredient dough. You divide the big dough ball into 8ths and save out one of the 8 pie dough triangles. Divide the 1/8th piece pie piece into 4ths. 3 parts for the 3 mini bagels and one part for the 50 cent dough disks that will go under the tiny bagel shape. 

Make three tiny bagel shapes and three 50 cent dough disks for the bottoms. Poke the 50 cent dough pieces with a fork to keep them from rising too much under the mini bagel shapes. Place three mini bagel shapes on the three 50 cent bottoms.Sprinkle with a little sugar. And a dash of cinnamon for color. Bake at 350 for about15-20 minutes. Take your danishes out of the oven and press your finger where the center hole is while they are hot. This smooshes the center down even better. 

Now measure 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon curd into each of the hot centers. 1-1/2 teaspoons total curd for the three danishes. 

Sift powdered sugar lightly over the danishes 0 points 

Get ready to say ahhhh out loud. Eat warm, all three if you like or save some for snack later. No deprivation. We eat good! Enjoy! 

πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸŒ·❤️πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🍳Barby 

No comments:

Post a Comment